It’s World Turtle Day today, the 23rd of May (I love to rhyme), and in honour of these magnificent creatures that are so very endangered, SweetSilver is launching a little campaign. I call it a little campaign only because I am one person doing a little bit to help turtle conservation, but a little campaign is not the same as an unimportant campaign.
Here are the exciting details, and how you (yes, you, if you want) can play a part in conserving the world’s turtles:
- I shall be making pairs of small turtle stud earrings, the proceeds of which shall go to the Marine Conservation Society in the UK.
- The studs will be made-to-order, and those who wish to buy a pair can choose from recycled silver, 999 fine silver, 9ct yellow gold, 9ct rose gold, or 18ct Fairtrade yellow gold.
- You’ll also be able to choose whether you want the pair to be matching turtles, or odd (see photos below), the size, however, will always be roughly the same: approx. 80mm x 60mm.
- This is a limited opportunity, so order by the 22nd of July 2016!
- If just 10 pairs of silver turtle studs are sold, we shall have made enough money to adopt a turtle! (And who wouldn’t want to do that?)
- ALL the money earned from the sale of these earrings will be going to the charity – I will be donating the time and effort that goes into making these earrings, and will only be keeping exactly enough to cover the costs of materials.
I’m incredibly excited about this little campaign to help save the turtles, and I hope you are too.
Prices for the earrings (excluding postage) are as follows:
- Recycled Silver (1mm thick): £15
- 999 Fine Silver (1mm thick): £15
- 9ct yellow gold (1.5mm thick): £40
- 9ct rose gold (1.5mm thick): £40
- 18ct Fairtrade yellow gold (2mm thick): £100
If you are in the UK, postage will be an additional £4. If you’re anywhere else in the world, it will be £10. But don’t fear, if you want to buy multiple pairs all in one go, the postage cost stays the same.
How to order: Pop over to my shop at www.sweetsilver.co.uk to purchase as many pairs of these limited-edition earrings as you like!